Have you ever been at a party or social gathering with colleagues and noticed that some of them seemed ?fake?? That they were just using people to get what they want? Or maybe you?ve seen people that you know to be certified ass-kissers. Well, the following is a list of ways you can be just like them, if that?s what you REALLY want to do:
1) Talk more than you listen. Ignore the age-old and time-proven advice, as outlined in Dale Carnegie?s ?How to Win Friends and Influence People? that there is a reason you have two ears but only one mouth.
2) Ignore what the other person is telling you, due to the fact that you are already trying to plan out what to say when your turn comes up again. Ignore the notion that the brain is able to think much faster than it can listen and process language.
3) When you are talking, talk at a speed that is incongruent with the other party. Pay no mind to the techniques in ?Unlimited Power? by Tony Robbins which outlines specifically how to establish a sense of deep rapport in conversation.
4) When you are finished talking to the other person, make your exit as rude and callous as possible. This is a real winning strategy.
5) Let it be made patently obvious that you are ?working the room?. While the other person is talking to you, let it be seen that you are glancing around for someone better to talk to.
6) Avoid eye contact if at all possible. It will only deepen any rapport you may have accidentally had.
7) Make no effort on your part to exchange contact information with the people you talk to, in case they would like to get together later on and discuss opportunities. Who needs those?
Stumble it! | Del.Icio.us | Digg | Reddit | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Subscribe via Email