Bob Parsons, founder and Chief Executive Officer of GoDaddy, was recently asked to outline his success formula. As a result, he revealed his “16 rules for success”.
I personally love blog posts like what Bob has done, because it has been proven that we are far more likely to succeed at something if we have goals and know where we are going. After reading Bob’s list, I feel that his rules provide a great North Star of how to act, be and think in order to guarantee success in our personal and professional lives.
Want to read the list? Here it is:
1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone.
2. Never give up.
3. When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think.
4. With regard to whatever worries you, not only accept the worst thing that could happen, but make it a point to quantify what the worst thing could be.
5. Focus on what you want to have happen.
6. Take things a day at a time.
7. Always be moving forward.
8. Be quick to decide.
9. Measure everything of significance.
10. Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
11. Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing.
12. Never let anybody push you around.
13. Never expect life to be fair.
14. Solve your own problems.
15. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
16. There’s always a reason to smile. Find it.
For a complete explanation of the how and why of each rule, read it from Bob Parsons himself!
Stumble it! | Del.Icio.us | Digg | Reddit | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Subscribe via Email